We're a free sociable running group based in Manchester City Centre
What we're about
Meeting every Wednesday night at the lovely Wharf pub in Castlefield at 6:30pm for a 6:45pm run. There's a 3k, 5k, 7k or 10K option with run guides and we head to the pub for a pint and chat afterwards. We also run at weekends and have regular social events.We are all about trying to be inclusive for everyone, aiming to give people the opportunity to get fit with likeminded people and meet new friends whilst doing it. We don’t charge anything to run with us, so just head along and join the fun.
6th Annual Canal 10k
18th June 2022
Our 6th Canal 10k event took place on Saturday 18th June. The out-and-back race from The Wharf to Stretford Marina is fast, flat and fun. A great day was enjoyed by all.Massive thanks to all our wonderful volunteers who worked hard and made the whole day possible.If you ran the race, we hope you had a fantastic experience.
MRR Club Kit
Our fully sublimated club vests/t-shirts/hoodies/shorts are ordered in batches of 10 or more, so we'll be doing set ordering throughout the year once targets are met. Check out what we have available, there's lots of choice.If you'd like to order please visit our online order form to input your order. We'll then get in touch with you about payment. Then once the kit arrives we'll get it to you.MRR Kit Order FormAny question, let us know via email ([email protected])DELIVERY can take 4 to 6 weeks to arrive from date of order.
MRR Training tops
For staying safe whilst running at night or when visibility is necessary, we have a range of branded reflective training tops (and neck scarves) available.
Also available, club hoodies and zoodies.
Check out the link to buy, usually delivered within a couple of days.https://justalittlebit.co.uk/product/manchester-road-runners-t-shirts
Running Bear socks in MRR colours
To get the complete look, why not get yourself some lovely Running Bear socks in MRR colours.
High quality socks which are famous in the running community.
Check out the link to buy
Fancy owning a bit of MRR merchandise and spreading your love for the club?Check out these lovely items. If you like to buy any of them drop us an email with what you'd like and we can sort out payment and delivery.MRR Pens £2 each
MRR Race dots £5 per set
MRR Recipe books £3 per book or 2 for £5
Check out our very own John Cooper smashing his TEDx talk about how improvisation can change your life
How do I join?
- Just turn up for our run and run with us.How much does it cost?
- It’s completely FREE to run with us. We have the option to become an affiliated member with England Athletics, which has an annual payment of £20.Where do you meet?
- At the Wharf Pub, 6 Slate Wharf, Castlefield, Manchester M15 4STWhen do you run?
- Our club run is on Wednesday evenings, meeting at 6:30pm to run at 6:45pm. We also have runs taking place on Tuesdays and at weekends during the year, which are promoted beforehand on the Facebook group.What distances do you run?
- On Weds evenings we currently have the option of 3, 5, 8 or 10k.Do you have to be of a certain ability to join?
- Everyone (over 18) is welcome on our club run, regardless of how fast or slow you run. We have leads and tails for each distance, so you won't get lost.Is there somewhere to store my bag?
- We have a bag storage area allocated upstairs in the Wharf. Though we advise that anything left is at your own risk.Is there somewhere to park?
- The Wharf has a car park with limited parking. The pub is a short walk from the Deansgate tram stop.Any other questions email us at [email protected] or checkout our contact details
Our Routes on Strava
Chris Rider - Chairman/Affiliations/Welfare Officer
William Robinson - Club Secretary
Nicholas Barton - Chief Statistics Officer
Vikki O'Brien - Events/Socials Manager
Oliver Harrison - Ambassador manager
Anna Longjaloux - Welfare Officer
Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions. For the latest info on the club check out our Facebook Group.
©ManchesterRoadRunners. All rights reserved.